NEXT ONLINE CLASS AUGUST 18 – NOVEMBER 9, 2019
The Generation Next curriculum targets new landowners or those who are looking to start a new agricultural operation on an existing ranch. It is taught as an online school where participants will work towards developing a business plan with plenty of support from professionals who specialize in different fields.
The course will require approximately 1.5 hours of your time (at any time!) per week, for 12 weeks. You only need access to a computer with internet capabilities.
Topics covered in the school include:
- How to start an agricultural business.
- Understanding business taxes.
- Insurance needs for your ranch.
- Financing your operation.
- Using technology to your benefit.
- How to set up grazing and wildlife management leases.
- Understanding market fluctuations.
- Land management techniques.
- Alternative operations to add to the business.
In addition to business plan development, upon completion of the course you will receive a Generation Next Certificate and t-shirt.
To secure your spot, please register at: https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/productListingDetails/2785
The cost is $120 for the entire course, or $75 for Extension employees.
A printable flyer can be found HERE!
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Megan Clayton at Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu or 361-265-9203.