The Generation Next curriculum targets new landowners or those who are looking to start a new ag operation on an existing ranch. It is taught as an online school where participants:
- Discuss business types, tax information, and insurance needs
- Gain ideas about operations you can add to an existing ranch
- Learn options for setting up grazing and wildlife leases
- Get exposure to all the latest land management tools and techniques
Additional topics covered in the school include:
- How to start an agricultural business.
- Understanding business taxes.
- Financing your operation.
- Using technology to your benefit.
- How to set up grazing and wildlife management leases.
- Understanding market fluctuations.
- Land management techniques.
- Alternative operations to add to the business.