The Generation Next curriculum targets adult children and grandchildren of landowners who want to get involved in the family ranch. It is taught as either a 2-Day Agricultural Business Start-Up School or a monthly Webinar School where participants:
- Gain ideas about operations you can add to an existing ranch
- Learn options for setting up grazing and wildlife leases
- Discuss business types, tax information, and insurance needs
- Get exposure to all the latest land management tools and techniques
Additional topics covered in the 2-Day school include:
- How to start an agricultural business.
- Understanding business taxes.
- Marketing your product and yourself.
- Using technology to your benefit.
- How to set up grazing and wildlife management leases.
- Multi-generational ranching.
- Understanding market fluctuations.
- Land management techniques.
- Coping with invasive species.
- Alternative operations to add to the business.
Go to https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/index.cfm/organization/OrganizationID/116/ to register or call 979-845-2604.
For questions or more information, contact: Dr. Megan Clayton Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu or 361-265-9203